AUA understands and values the vitality of the Group Registration Process. As we continue to seek out the best technology in the market to handle the Group Registration Process, and to provide our Group Partners the best online self-service platform, we found it useful to also provide you with complete guidelines of the AUA Group Registration Policy and FAQ. Whether you have served as a Group Agent in the past or you are new to the process, the AUA Group Registration Policy and FAQ will guide you step by step to successfully manage all aspects of your Group registration process.
Who can register as a group to the AUA Annual Meeting?
In order the take advantage of the online group registration process, onsite group appointments, and material delivery the following basic criteria must be met:
- You must register 20 or more individuals.
- You must have one Group Agent assigned that handles the registration process for the entire group.
Who is a Group Agent?
The Group Agent is a person that manages a group of registrants by creating a contact account that allows them exclusive rights to their online group portal. The AUA Customer Service Team will only release the Group ID# and password information to the Group Agent on record.
How do I submit the group registrations?
Registrations must be completed online or by import spreadsheet (if your group contains 40 or more delegates)
- Online: The Group Agent completes delegate registrations using the Group Registration Portal. The Group Agent is able to register delegates, make some changes to existing delegate registrations, view lists of registered delegates, schedule a badge pick up appointment and pay any outstanding balances. Do not use the individual attendee registration website for your group delegate registration. Additional fees per registrant will apply if an AUA Customer Service Agent has to convert an individual attendee registration to a group delegate registration.
- List Import (must submit 30 or more delegates): Use the import spreadsheet option if your group contains 40 delegates or more. The import template can be downloaded from the group registration website. Once the spreadsheet has been imported by the AUA Customer Services Department, the Group Agent should use the online group registration portal to register additional delegates and manage changes to the imported list.
What are the registration submission deadlines?
- List Import Deadlines: Your List Import may be submitted any time prior to the deadlines listed below. Please allow 3-business days before you are able to manage your group registration online. Note: if you register your delegates online using the group registration portal, you will have immediate access to the registrations.
- February 20, 2018, 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (Early Rates applicable on or before this date)
- April 26, 2018, 11:59 p.m. any registration list imports must be done on or before this date. Please note that you will still be able to make your own changes on the Group Portal.
- Online Deadlines: Registration can be added online through May 18, 2018 or when badges are picked up onsite, whichever is earlier. To expedite onsite badge pick-up, enter all your delegates online before coming onsite. Early registration rates are applicable to all registrations received on or before February 20, 2018, 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time. Late registration rates are applicable beginning February 21, 2018, 12:01 a.m. (No Exceptions)
Multiple or Duplicate Registrations
Each individual may have only one registration record. The AUA Customer Service Team routinely reviews records and eliminates duplicates. In this case, one of the records will be cancelled and will appear on your list as "cancelled." Commonly, a duplicate registration is the result of a person who is registered as a group delegate and/or Exhibitor. We consolidate these two records into a single Exhibitor Attendee record under the management of the Exhibitor Admin. All exhibitor registrations must be connected to the exhibiting company and must be made through the Exhibitor Registration Website.
What is the Group Delegate contact information used for?
Delegate name badges have a bar code with their contact information encoded. Group delegates have the option to opt out from receiving information from our Science and Technology Hall exhibitors. The act of scanning the bar code on the badge gives the delegate's contact information to the exhibiting company. It is important to provide accurate mailing and email address information for your group delegates to ensure that they receive the products and information, which they request during the meeting. AUA also uses the information for all post meeting products such as Webinars, Certificate of Attendance, Evaluations and CME.
Who receives the registration confirmation?
Email confirmations are sent to the Group Agent only. The AUA registration system will not send individual group delegate confirmations, as a Group Agent you will have the ability to do so from your Group Portal. In cases where the delegate contacts the AUA Customer Service Team and requests email confirmation, we will send the request to the Group Agent to forward an email confirmation to the delegate.
What is the Processing Fee?
The Group Agent can see processing fees in their group registrations. Processing fees will be charged to any new registration, changes or cancellation that was manually entered by the AUA Customer Service Team. These fees apply to all fax, mail, email, and phone requests (exception: misspellings to the first and/or last name or change in email). Please use the group registration website to avoid additional processing fees. Processing fees will also be assessed if an individual registration is converted to a group registration. On or before February 20, 2017 the processing fee is $25.00. Beginning February 21, 2017, the processing fee is $50.00.
What is the group contact change policy?
Changes to delegates' contact information must be done online. Changes can be made through Thursday May 11, 2017 or until badges are picked up onsite, whichever is earlier. Changes to the first and last name as well email address cannot be made online; if the name or the email address contains a misspelling please contact the AUA Customer Service Team at groups@AUAnet.org to have the correction made at no charge.
Please note that changes online are reflected immediately. Requests submitted by phone, mail, or fax (subject to processing fees) may take 3 to 5 business days to process.
What is the group cancellation policy?
To cancel any part of your Annual Meeting registration (this includes registration for the Annual Meeting, course passes, and hands-on courses), you must submit a written request on or before April 4, 2018. Cancellation requests received by this date will be honored less a $75 administrative processing fee. No refunds will be honored on requests received on or after April 5, 2018. Please allow four to six weeks to process your refund. Anyone registering after April 5, 2018 who wishes to cancel will receive no refund on any part of their registration fees. Name substitutions are not permitted. Cancellation requests can be faxed to 410-689-3912 or emailed to customerservice@AUAnet.org.
How do I change a Group Agent?
Should a Group Agent leave the company, an email must be sent to the AUA Customer Service Team (groups@AUAnet.org) notifying the team of the departure with the new Group Agent's contact information.
What is the deadline for registration payments?
The deadline to receive early registration rates is February 20, 2018. Beginning February 21, 2018 registrations will be charged at the late rate. In order for our badges and materials to be prepared for your arrival onsite, your payment must be received by the AUA Customer Service Team by May 1, 2018. Payments received after May 1st will result in delays onsite; the badges for the group delegates may not be ready for your appointment if payment is not received by May 1, 2018.
What are the payment options?
- Credit Card: American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa are accepted. (Preferred method of payment and convenient for your group)
- Wire Transfer: All payments are in U.S. dollars and a $25.00 wire processing fee must be included to your balance due. Wire payments are complete only after transfer is made to AUA's bank account and confirmed by the AUA Customer Service Team. Please include the Group Name and the Group Agent ID# in the reference section of the wire. A copy of your Wire Transfer Confirmation must be sent to the AUA Customer Service Team by fax (410)689-3912 or email (groups@AUAnet.org) for proper registration processing. Please Note: Your Wire Transfer Confirmation is not a proof of payment, only that you have issued the payment.
How do I pick up the group badges?
There are two options for badge pickup:
- The Group Agent will pick up meeting materials at Group Registration. The Group Agent must schedule an appointment to pick up materials onsite.
- Delegates will pick up materials at Attendee Registration. The Group Agent will not pick up badges for their group. Each delegate from the group will pick up materials individually at attendee registration.
Please note that if you are picking-up a large group AUA has a material's delivery service. If you opt to take advantage of this option AUA will deliver the group's materials to your hotel. A fee of $100/50 full bags will be accessed. Please contact us at groups@AUAnet.org for more information.
How to contact the AUA Group Registration Team
Toll Free (U.S only): 1800-746-4282